Ok so when I found out that we were coming to Germany again I made myself a promise that I would actually learn to speak more German. To jump in with both feet and not feel like I was a complete moron for mispronouncing something. So the Army offers Rosetta Stone online and away I went. I'm pleased with the progress I'm making so far and actually find myself recognizing words and phrases while we are out.
We live across the street from 2 grocery stores and before I would probably have avoided them on my own due to my own lack of confindence. But now I actually like to go in. Today the kiddo and I walked over and got a few things and while in there surrounded by German voices I could actually pick out a word or two. Progress! And then I hear the distinct sound of an American voice. I have to say sometimes when surrounded by a language you don't know 100% to hear English is like a beacon in the night. I dunno to me sometimes it just sets me at ease and I no longer feel like the only American left in the world. lol crazy huh? ( why this is called my rantings lol) It kinda gave me a boost of confindence,,kinda like "well hell if they can do it so can I!" They were an older retired military couple and just so happens we had a chance to exchange hellos. But the best part,, aside from the price of all the things we got (2 Euro! $2.47) was that when I checked out I totally understood what she said! woohoo yay me!
Umm...you need to update your blog!
ReplyDelete